Contact Us Today!
Envision your library in 2025 with an MNLFI facilitated workshop
The Minnesota Library Futurists would like to help your library or organization facilitate a conversation about the future of library services.
A facilitated workshop is:
- an in-person session led by a small group of MNLFI members at your location
- an opportunity to engage your staff, organization or community in planning for the future of library services
- a way for your library to contribute to a statewide conversation about the future of Minnesota libraries
- specialized and focused to meet the needs of your library or organization
- a practical exercise with concrete outcomes.
What is involved in a facilitated workshop?
- can range from 2 to 4 hours
- involve your library staff, members of your organization or even your community
- work best when focused on a particular question defined by your library or organization with the help of MNLFI and could be based on one or more of the MNLFI 2025 scenarios
- include MNLFI facilitator-led small group conversations, brainstorming sessions, and group consensus-building
- culminate with the creation of a list of ideas that answer the established question.
What do the MNLFI futurists bring to this conversation?
- are trained in effective group facilitation methods using Technology of Participation (ToP) facilitation techniques
- have experience conducting research and formal conversations about the future of libraries
- provide a neutral facilitator for the session allowing all members of your staff to participate in the discussion.
What are the outcomes from a facilitated workshop?
- A list of ideas generated by staff or other workshop attendees your organization can use as a springboard to meet the needs of the future.
- Consensus among staff about the importance of looking to the future and enthusiasm for the road ahead.
- See an example of collected outcomes on our Shared Visions page.
What are the costs for hosting a facilitated event?
- The MNLFI members facilitating the workshop will request reimbursement for travel expenses and can work with organizations regarding those details.
- No additional costs.
What is the process for scheduling a facilitated event?
- Determine several dates of availability.
- Consider who from within your organization will attend the workshop and your intended outcomes.
- Fill out our request form.
- An MNLFI group member will contact you to discuss details.
- After your event has been scheduled, you will work with MNLFI to plan your event.